Homeowners who need new gutters often ask how long the entire process will take. While the installation process itself only takes several hours for an average-sized home, one has to consider other variables like design, consultation and manufacture. In today’s post, the gutter and roof replacement contractors at Lankford Roofing & Construction LLC take a look at the factors that contribute to the timeline of a gutter replacement project.
Factors That Affect the Gutter Replacement Timeline
The following are factors that can have an effect on your gutter replacement project’s timeline:
- Roof area. The roof area will dictate how much gutters will be needed and how many hours will be required to install them. There’s also the matter of how complex the roof is — fewer straight runs require fewer joints, which means shorter installation times.
- Gutter type. Gutters are built from a combination of materials, profiles and sizes, all of which will have an impact on the installation timeline. For example, standard gutters built from pre-cut lengths will require joint work every 10 feet or so; seamless gutters are typically completed in less time. Working with a gutter contractor that offers the latter has the benefit of the gutters being made on-site, as opposed to waiting for components to be delivered before installation can begin.
- Weather. It goes without saying that inclement weather can cause delays, but it doesn’t just affect the installation process. If components are ordered, weather can cause delays in delivery, which, in turn, may push installation at a later date.
- The roof’s condition. Gutters are fastened to the roof’s fascia board. If it’s rotten or damaged, repairs will need to be done before installation can proceed.
- Additional features. If you have chosen to add features like a gutter protection system, it will add to the installation time.
How Long Do Gutter Installations Usually Take?
Taking the factors discussed above into account, gutter replacement can take an afternoon or up to three days. An experienced gutter contractor can give you a fairly accurate estimate of the timeline, and work out options with you if you need your new gutters completed before a certain date.
Lankford Roofing & Construction LLC is a trusted roofing and gutter replacement company serving communities in Sherman and Denison, TX. Give us a call at (903) 465-7677 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.