More homeowners are choosing a metal roof, thanks to certain benefits, including the following:
1. It’s leak-resistant — Metal roofs have a more resilient outer surface compared to most types of roofing systems. When hit by hailstones and airborne debris, metal roofs are more likely to get dented than cracked, shattered or punctured. During a storm, this can make the difference between minor roof repair and major damage to property.
2. It’s energy-efficient — Metal naturally radiates heat. As a roofing material, it does not retain heat absorbed from the sun, which means it cools down compared to other roofing materials during the evening and can help you save on your air conditioning bills. Metal roofs can also be painted a lighter color or coated with a reflective coating for less heat absorption during the day.
3. It’s lighter — Sheet metal weighs much less than most other types of roofing materials, a considerable advantage if your existing roof framing is not built for heavy materials like tile and slate. This can help keep your roof replacement costs down (barring necessary repairs) as your roofing contractors won’t have to modify the framing.
4. It has a longer lifespan — With proper care and maintenance, a standard asphalt shingle roof has an expected lifespan of 20 to 30 years. In comparison, a standard standing seam metal roof is expected to last 50 years. Metal roofs also have lower maintenance requirements that can make its lifetime cost competitively lower than asphalt shingles.
5. It’s quieter — There’s a common misconception that metal roofs are noisy when it’s raining. But if properly built – with a layer of insulation and on a standard roof deck – metal roofs are actually quieter than most other roofing types.
6. It doesn’t attract lightning — Despite being made of naturally conductive materials, metal roofs do not attract lightning. In fact, what attracts lightning is the tallest grounded structure in the area, which could be a tree, a church spire or a telecommunications tower. Another benefit of having a metal roof is it disperses electricity more efficiently than other materials, which means it’s actually safer to be under a metal roof during a thunderstorm.
Lankford Roofing & Construction LLC is your leading provider of roofing and window replacement services. Give us a call at (903) 364-6183 or (580) 920-1433. You can also fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve customers in Denison and Sherman, TX, as well as the surrounding communities.
For quality composite shingles, and any other roofing concerns that you may have, you can always turn to Lankford Roofing & Construction LLC. Count on us for installations, damaged roof repair, and everything in between. Call us now at (903) 465-7677 (for Texas residents) or at (580) 920-1433 (for Oklahoma residents). You may also fill out our Contact Form to get a free estimate. We serve multiple areas in the Texoma area.